We have teamed up with our friends at Search Impex to offer an outstanding competition prize to one lucky winner – their own convoy of trucks!
The convoy comprises five trucks, all limited edition models of well-known current or former UK haulage companies, and, with a combined value in excess of £650, this is a prize well worth winning.
The trucks in the convoy are of:
- Scottish operator Andrew Black Haulage Ltd: a 1:50 scale Iveco Stralis (6×2) tractor unit and 3 axle, curtain trailer. It is a certificated limited edition of 155. The model is priced at £140.
- Northern Irish operator Fry Transport: a 1:50 scale Volvo FH12 Globetrotter XL (6×2) and 3 axle, curtainside trailer. The model was part of a production run of 175 pieces. Priced at £137.
- Aberdeenshire-based haulier V G Mathers Ltd: a 1:50 scale DAF XF Space cab (4×2) tractor unit with 2 axle, stepframe trailer, customised in its eye-catching ‘Vintage Tractors’ show livery. The model is one of a certificated limited edition of 155 pieces, priced at £141.
- Frigo-Tranz, a Northern Irish operator – sadly no longer trading – a 1:50 scale Volvo FH Globetrotter XL (4×2) and 3 axle (Thermo King) refrigerated trailer with under chassis pallet box. The model was produced exclusively for Search Impex by WSI Collectibles and was part of a production run of 100 pieces. Price £130.
- Scottish operator Oban Express Parcel Service: a 1:50 scale Mercedes Actros (4×2) with 3 axle, curtain trailer, customised in the company’s 25th anniversary livery. This is part of a certificated limited edition run of 174 pieces. Price: £134.
All models were produced exclusively for Search Impex by WSI Collectibles.
To have a chance of winning this one-off prize, correctly answer this question:
In what city was Rubber Duck’s company RD Trucking based?
C: Los Angeles
For more information on Search Impex, and its range of model trucks go to: www.search-impex.co.uk
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘I want a convoy’. The closing date is midnight on 21 July and the winner will be announced at Convoy in the Park.
This article was first published on Truckanddriver.co.uk